- Posted on January 7, 2015
- by justin
The past two years I have focused on the number one issue in trucking—how to grow the number of drivers in the fleet despite the severe driver shortage. I have developed a consulting offering that gives a company a good understanding of how effective their driver recruiting is compared to industry best practices. The steps in this package include:
- Provide the recruiting leader with a request for information. I then review the information prior to coming onsite.
- I conduct a three onsite assessment of the practices, processes and results on the company’s recruiting department.
- At the end of the third day I give a Power Point presentation of my findings and recommendations.
- Within two weeks I provide the company a written report that gives a detailed assessment and recommendations on how the recruiting function can achieve significantly improved results.
- I then conduct a webinar with the management team to discuss the written report and decide on the actions the company will take to achieve their recruiting goals.
This has been a very successful process because:
- The company receives unbiased, informed information on the effectiveness of their driver recruiting department.
- The company learns about industry best practices. Things are changing very rapidly and it is critical to know what is working now.
- Companies receive specific, actionable information on what to do to improve results
- I can help these companies implement these best practices.